An Garda Síochána is committed to providing websites that are accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our websites and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
Web Accessibility Initiative
This website strives to achieve "Triple-A" accessibility of the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG 1.0), employing best practice techniques where certain Priority 3 checkpoints have become outdated.
The WCAG 1.0 explains how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
Those who prefer to customise their text size may adjust the text size using the browser controls.
- Google Chrome, Menu > Zoom > + or Ctrl + +
- Mozilla Firefox, this is View > Zoom > Zoom In or Alt V Z I or Ctrl + +
- Internet Explorer, this is Page > Zoom > Zoom In or Alt P Z I or Ctrl + +
To Zoom out again
- Google Chrome, Menu > Zoom > - or Ctrl + -
- Mozilla Firefox, select, View > Zoom > Reset or Alt V Z O or Ctrl + -
- Internet Explorer, this is Page > Zoom > Zoom In or Alt P Z O or Ctrl + -
To return to Normal Size
- Google Chrome, click magnifying glass in address bar and click reset to default or Ctrl + 0
- Firefox, select, View > Zoom > Reset or Alt V Z R or Ctrl + 0
- Internet Explorer, this is Page > Zoom > Zoom In or Alt P Z 0 or Ctrl + 0
- All new content published to the website will be fully accessible.
- We will aim to author more user-friendly, and customer-focused content.
- We will reduce the proportion of documents published in PDF, and continue converting as many existing PDF content to HTML, where appropriate.
- To further demonstrate An Garda Síochána's commitment to providing and maintaining the accessibility of our websites, we will carry out an annual accessibility review and address any issues arising.
An Garda Síochána is committed to maintaining and monitoring the accessibility of this website. As part of this process, we welcome all comments, suggestions and details of problems encountered by users. Should you experience any difficulty in using this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.